WE HAVE DECIDED TO OFFER A GUARDIAN PROGRAM
At Hidden Springs Labradoodles we believe that every dog deserves to have a loving, forever home. All of our dogs are part of our family and live in our home rather than kennels so that we know they are getting as much attention as possible. Because of this we have decided to offer a Guardian Program. A Guardian Home is a permanent home for one of our breeding males or females.
The idea is simple and quite wonderful for families wanting to guardian a Hidden Springs puppy. This gives you the opportunity to have one of our top notch, “Pick of the Litter” puppies as a family pet. Rather than buying this puppy you will be given this puppy. At the end of his/her breeding career (3-4 litters or up to the age of 4 for females & up to the age of 6 for males), Hidden Springs Labradoodles will retain ALL breeding rights. We reserve the right to cancel our guardianship program at any time if we deem it necessary. Once retired, he/she will be neutered/spayed at our expense and returned back to you.
Becoming a Guardian Home is not for everyone. You MUST be willing and able to follow these requirements:
- YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN A 10 MILE RADIUS OF ZIP CODE 08080
- Have previous experience with dogs.
- Be willing to teach basic commands such as sit, stay, lay-down, and leave it.
- Be willing to socialize puppies. This is very important!
- He/She must be an indoor pet and never left unattended outside.
- Feed the premium dog food that we choose
- Provide flea and tick & heartworm medication of our choice.
- All other dogs in the home MUST be fixed if they are the opposite sex.
- Provide regular exercise.
- Willing to let us, the breeder, visit your home.
- Contact Breeder immediately in the event of a serious illness or accident
- Send a copy of all vet visits to Breeder.
- Must not allow he/she to mate with any unapproved dogs.
- Provide veterinary care when needed.
- If you are a guardian for a female dog, you must be willing to drop her off for multiple times during her breeding week for progesterone testing and breeding. Then drop her back off about 5 days prior to her whelping date. She will stay with us until the puppies are weaned. We will provide you access to her whelping camera during her stay at Hidden Springs.
- If you are a guardian for a male dog, you must be willing to drop him off for 3-5 days for breedings.
- Be able to communicate with us, the breeder, about scheduling testing, mating, whelping, and anything else breeding related.